Monday, September 17, 2012

EXPERIENCING BENCH: AGELESS @ 25

September 14, 2012. It is raining almost all day but the bad weather didn't stop me getting in the THE ARENA, Mall of Asia in Pasay [from my home in Cavite] to get my ticket for the Day 2 event of Bench named "BENCH UNIVERSE". 

I was so excited knowing that this will be my first time on this kind of event. It's been always my dream to watch a Bench fashion show since I watched it on TV [I am not sure] 6 years ago (entitled as BENCH FEVER]. The biannual show really gone a long way from the stars John Estrada, Andrew Wolff, Jomari Yllana up to today's Jake Cuenca, Dingdong Dantes, Aljur Abrenica, Paolo Avelino, and this year's finale walk - COCO MARTIN.

Coco Martin, the FINALE walk
I was on the G-8, section 217 of the Lower box. Unexpectedly, the stage occupied the entire space [the basketball court]. If only I knew the stage format, I would rather choose a seat from 201-222 to get the better picture. Since I am literally on the left side of the stage, all of my pictures are rendered worthless (so I will not post it here). It is all blurred and side view from where I am. Lesson learned, I will get a patron seat or a photo pass with backstage pass next time around. 

Overall, the show was exciting and grandiose, as a Bench fashion show trademark. However, from my personal opinion, the show is kinda lousy for my taste witnessing three fashion show before (Fever, Blackout, Uncut). The previous three shows are more exciting than the 2012 event. I am expecting a more lively, full cast fashion show, more impacting show  as the premiere brand marks its 25th history in the fashion market. It should be all history with all the Bench grand celebrities and models combined but it really fell short to my expectations. The celebrity cast is too small, the show is okay but on the positive note the production was really grand and really worth of the applause from the audience.

So yes I was not fully satisfied as some key persons are absent on the Bench Universe, some of those are the crowd's favorite as I put it on the occasioned Bench event. Rafael Russell, Wendell Ramos, Angelica Panganiban, Richard Gutierrez [though his twin brother is present watching], JC de Vera, Marco Alcaraz, John Estrada, Gerald Anderson, JayR Sillona with famous model on the side like Brent Javier, Andrew Wolff, John Hall, Bruce Quebral amongst other are missing when you expect them to do big and memorable this year. These names that has been part of the history and deeply associated during any Bench fashion shows.
















































And the hottest stars of the night, receiving the greatest applause and cheers from the crowd.











And my favorite!












(Photos taken from Elite Icons, Google, RD Dantes, Jeffrey Photography etc.)

No comments:

Post a Comment